Monday, October 20, 2008

School Orientation

It went well today. I woke up at around 7 am, and Justin and I left around 8 for a quick walk to the Vancouver film center. We met our program advisors and received some paperwork to complete. We headed into the theatre area and had a brief presentation about what we can expect from the school. The man presenting stressed how the year will be a challenge for us. It won't be an easy year. But, I am looking forward to where I will end up after this.

After the presentation, we watched some student work and then met up with our program classmates and program advisors. After that we headed out to speak with vendors from various places. I spoke with a woman from a bank, so I am going to go tomorrow to set up an account. At this time, we also had a chance to mingle with the students and write our emails down. Its quite an interesting group it seems. People from all over he world. For example, theres some people from South Korea, Thailand, india, Pakistan, germany, Poland, Hungary, Spain, Mexico, Iceland, and probably more. This is just in the 3d animation program, of which there are only 30 students. Interestingly, there are at least 4 students in the incoming programs from Houston TX! (my roommate included.. hah) The Polish guy is from Worsaw, but before coming to Vancouver, he went to, suprise, Chicago to stay with his aunt for 2 weeks! Pretty cool I think.

After all the school junk, Justin and I went to find a microwave, and we will pick it up on sale tomorrow after more orientation. I got a cell phone too! Pretty exciting stuff. So I may or may not go to an Irish pub in a few to meet up with some people from the school, we'll see. Ill let you all know how everything goes.

1 comment:

Mrs. Tolomeo said...

Hey Michael,
What neighborhood do you live in? Marion asked me to ask you.