Monday, December 15, 2008

Presentation and junk

I had a brief presentation yesterday at school. It wasn't so much me presenting anything, but a video of my work being watched by the class and 2 teachers. I got feedback and critiques on everything I have been working on. Some people were going crazy this weekend from my class (i.e. not getting any sleep over this thing). They had really nice presentations, but in the end, the teachers focused only on our work. Its great to hear what needs work and what is looking alright. I suppose during my 2 week break I should continue practicing.

So as for how our classes work, I am with the same 30 people everyday for my classes. We are like a family. Our class is 3D77. Since I was at school for about 20 hours this weekend (I slept between saturday and sunday, dont worry) working in the lab, I had a chance to meet more of the people from the previous term, 3D76. They are pretty interesting people! Everyone is incredibly nice and it is good to interact with eachother and ask questions.

一人の3D76の人はYoutubeで、日本のゲーム番組を見ていた。私そこに行って、見ながら、紹介した。面白いことに、その学生は日系カナダ人で、両親は彼に子供のころから、日本語を教えていた。びっくりしたことに、彼も名古屋に住んでいた!なぜか聞かなかったけど、面白いだ!日本語を練習できて、懐かしい名古屋について話せる!いいね。

Ok, I just wanted to practice a little Japanese. I dont feel like translating it though.
So here is the presentation:

2 comments:

Alex said...

Nice job! You're improving a lot! Which program are you doing? The one year 2D animation or the 6 month character animation? Or もしかして、combining the two??

Jake1364 said...

hey yurek-san! I linked to ur blog through alex's. Great stuff. Ur 2d stuff was fun to watch! Basic character models but that's where it all begins. The movement is really smooth and flows great.

I think one of my favorite things was your sculpture of the old guy.

Good to hear you found someone to practice your japanese with!

Save the day!

David